Post by Kokuou Munashii on Oct 16, 2011 17:38:00 GMT -5
Power: 54 +20 released
Speed: 54 +20 released
GP currently Available / Total GP Earned: 786 /5736 base:2500
- Weapon Proficiency: Intermediate 
- Hakuda: basic 
- Hoho: Intermediate 
- Reiatsu Perception: Intermediate 
- H∞ or H-INFINITY: Advanced 
- Onmyodo: Advanced 
- Tamashii no Kyoumei [Resonance of Souls]: Basic 
- MUseigen Heikiko: Intermediate 
- World Projections: Intermediate 
Weapon Proficiency governs an individual's skill while wielding a weapon. Their prowess when defending, attacking, and ultimately hurting their opponent is linked to this skill. Weapon Proficiency applies to a fairly specific range of weapons, or for Shinigami, as Zanjutsu, applies specifically to all forms their Zanpakuto takes.
Weapons cannot be broken involuntarily (though a broken weapon can often serve as a very interesting plot point).
- Beginner: Gain a bonus weapon-based technique slot.
- Basic: Your weapon-based Precision is increased by +5.
- Intermediate: Gain a bonus weapon-based technique slot.
- Advanced: Your weapon-based Precision is increased by +15 for a total of +20.
- Master: Whenever a Weapon Proficiency combat action is expended you regenerate 3 Stamina. Gain a bonus weapon-based technique slot.
- Grandmaster: Your weapon-based Power is increased by +20. Your weapon-based Precision is increased by an additional +20 (for a total of +40) when your attack is either dodged or blocked (choose one when selecting this rank). Gain a bonus weapon-based technique slot.
- Transcendent: The damage inflicted by your weapon is increased by one rank in severity. Gain a bonus weapon-based technique slot.
Hakuda governs an individual's skill while performing unarmed combat. Their prowess when defending, attacking, and ultimately hurting their opponent is linked to this skill. Hakuda is typically more versatile than its armed counterpart, and practitioners can use any part of their body to engage their enemy.
Hardened Areas serve as those areas on the body that are more resistant to damage, and when used to block incoming attacks, completely negate damage checks if the block is successful. Hardened Areas are taken in pairs, so choosing "Hands" as one of your Hardened Areas would net you both your left hand and your right hand.
- Beginner: Gain a bonus unarmed technique slot and a Hardened Area.
- Basic: Your unarmed Precision is increased by +5.
- Intermediate: Gain a bonus unarmed technique slot and a Hardened Area.
- Advanced: Your unarmed Precision is increased by +15 for a total of +20.
- Master: Whenever a Hakuda combat action is expended you regenerate 3 Stamina. Gain a bonus unarmed technique slot and a Hardened Area.
- Grandmaster: Your weapon-based Power is increased by +20. Your weapon-based Precision is increased by an additional +20 (for a total of +40) when your attack is either dodged or blocked (choose one when selecting this rank). Gain a bonus unarmed technique slot and a Hardened Area.
- Transcendent: The damage inflicted by your HSAs is increased by one rank in severity. Gain a bonus unarmed technique slot and a Hardened Area.
Hoho (Bringer's Light)
Hoho is quite simply the art of moving fast, allowing the practitioner to gain a sudden boost of speed in order to dodge or just move around. All races have their own form of Hoho, but it works the same no matter who performs it.
While using Hoho, you may only move in a straight line. This governs all Dodge checks.
- Beginner: Permits Basic Step: 4 Stamina, +15 Speed
- Basic: Basic Step's cost is reduced to 2 Stamina.
- Intermediate: Permits Intermediate Step: 6 Stamina, +40 Speed
- Advanced: Intermediate Step's cost is reduced to 4 Stamina.
- Master: Permits Master Step: 10 Stamina, +60 Speed. Unlocks Utsusemi/Gemelos Sonído.
- Grandmaster: Master Step's cost is reduced to 6 Stamina.
- Transcendent: Permits Royal Step: 8 Stamina, +80 Speed.
Allows the option to leave behind a decoy body when dodging which will appear to take damage, creating an excellent diversion. When used in conjunction with a Step, the next action the user makes has its attack speed increased by half of the Step's Speed.
Reiatsu Perception dictates the level of skill with which your character influences and perceives the ebb and flow of spiritual pressure around them.
- Beginner: Unlocks Sense and Perception Boost.
- Basic: Choose to specialize Perception Boost in offense or defense.
- Intermediate: Unlocks Empathy and Illusion Pierce.
- Advanced: Unlocks Deception.
- Master: Unlocks Suppression. Halves the stamina cost of Deception.
- Grandmaster: Removes the combat action requirement from Suppression.
- Transcendent: Perception Boost may now stack with itself one rank higher, up to a three-rank difference.
6 Stamina, Instant, Long Range, price is lowered by 1 Stamina per rank in Reiatsu Perception above Beginner
Allows the user to locate spiritual entities whose rank in Reiatsu Perception is less than three ranks higher than their own, gaining a rough impression of what that entity's Reiatsu is in comparison to their own. Can detect race, reiatsu signature, and rough stat distribution of entities whose rank in Reiatsu Perception is equal to or lower than their own. Vaizards outside of their masked state may be detected as such if their rank in Reiatsu Perception is three ranks lower than the user's own.
For each rank a character's Reiatsu Perception skill exceeds their opponent's, they are granted +10 to Power, Precision, and Speed. This stacks with itself once, increasing the boost to +20. A character's specialty increases the boost by +5 per difference in ranks (to +15 and +30 respectively) during checks where they are the attacker or defender, respectively.
Passive, Close Range, range is increased by 1 increment per rank in Reiatsu Perception above Intermediate
When close enough to an opponent that grants them a Perception Boost, the user may discern the nature of their thoughts and feelings, increasing the bonus granted by their specialty by +5 per difference in ranks (to +20, stacking to +40). Gaining information through Reiatsu Perception beyond that granted by Sense will typically require that player's permission.
6 Stamina, Single Action
Attempts to break or reduce the effect of an illusion or other mind-affecting ability, treating the user's Reiatsu Perception as one rank higher for the purposes of this check.
6 Stamina, Instant
Allows the user to conceal the extent of their spiritual strength, treating their Reiatsu Perception as one rank higher for checks involving Sense or other equivalent abilities. The user may conceal up to half of their current Reiatsu, with any successful checks detecting this reduced amount. Any actions they take while under this effect will be at this reduced value, with a roughly equal stat distribution, unless they choose to end this effect. The user may enter a thread with this effect active.
6 Stamina, Single Action
Allows the user to completely hide their spiritual presence from anyone whose skill in Reiatsu Perception is equal to or lower than their own. While doing things like using a technique will expend enough spiritual energy to be detected, doing so does not end this effect, and moving away from the area in which the energy was expended will allow the user to become hidden again. Having a continuous effect such as a stat buff active does not prevent a character from using Suppression.
Personal Fullbring or Custom
H∞ or H-INFINITY
H∞ | Mixed Power | Able to manipulate errant hydrogen in the air--spiritual or otherwise--Kokuou comes to be able to command the substance in most any way. Whether it's moving it around, changing its state, or simply gathering it together and making it explode--this man can do it. Although a very broad ability, limited only by Kokuou's knowledge of the substance, his favorite and simplest effect is to gather hydrogen in the air to surround the opponent and explode. This will operate at his Precision stat, wth an additional 10 points of Power and Precision per rank in the proper skill for a cost of 2 Stamina per rank. At advanced rank in skill this technique can have the additional effect of turning into a melee range AoE centered on the explosion for 3 stamina, this can be extended to close range by instead paying 5 stamina but gains a cooldown of one round.
Universal Fullbring or Custom
A connection to the world. Imprinted on nature itself is all the knowledge that the world has ever possessed. A spiritualist, by tapping into the flow of spiritual energy and the knowledge associated, can gather that power into themselves and use abilities they are otherwise clueless on how to perform. However, because of this the techniques cannot be performed using the caster's own spiritual energy.
Kokuou's Onymodo skill allows him to passively draw in stamina from the environment. He starts each battle with his Nature Stamina pool filled, and can continue to replenish it as the battle goes on, but cannot hold more at any one time than that pool would allow. Stamina gained in this manner can only be used to pay for Onymodo techniques or Onmyodo effects.
- Beginner: Kokuou's Nature Stamina pool can contain 8 Stamina. Unlocks Ryumyaku.
- Basic: Kokuou's Nature Stamina pool automatically replenishes 2 Stamina per round.
- Intermediate: Kokuou's Nature Stamina pool can contain 16 Stamina. Ryumyaku now replenishes 4 Stamina.
- Advanced: Kokuou's Nature Stamina pool can contain 24 Stamina. Grants two Onmyodo technique slots.
- Master: Kokuou's Nature Stamina pool can contain 36 Stamina, and automatically replenishes 3 Stamina per round.
- Grandmaster: Kokuou's Nature Stamina pool can contain 60 Stamina. Ryumyaku now replenishes 6 Stamina.
Regains a set amount of Nature Stamina; starts at 2, increases to 4 at Intermediate and 6 at Grandmaster.
Mortal Custom #1
Tamashii no Kyoumei [Resonance of Souls] [Requires Advanced Onmyodo]
While Onmyodo forges a connection to the world around them, Resonance of Souls, deals with the connection between souls. Originally based on the concept of shamanism this power has evolved into something that uniquely suited to deal with the spiritually aware. With this skill the practitioner instinctively connections with other spiritual entities obtains the understanding of how certain abilities are performed, or how to perform them better. This understanding cannot be based off a physical trait, unless the practitioner is able to replicate the effects. Thus the practitioner could learn how to perform Cero, but they could not learn how to hierro or regeneration effects.
At Beginner rank a character chooses Hakuda or Zanjutsu to be affected by this skill, receiving the ability to affect both upon achieving Master rank. This skill requires one combat action to activate and has no upkeep cost.
When activated, the user and their attacks are surrounded by an aura of energy that drains all spiritually aware entities sapping their stamina and knowledge absorbing it into the practitioner with each blow.
- Beginner: stamina drains the target 4 points of stamina for 1 with each blow, and can be maintained for 3 rounds with a cooldown of 4 rounds. Choose Hakuda or Zanjutsu to be affected by this skill.
- Basic: stamina drains the target 8 points for 2 with each blow, and can be maintained for 5 rounds with a cooldown of 3 rounds.
- Intermediate: stamina drains the target 12 points for 3 with each blow, and can be maintained for 7 rounds with a cooldown of 2 rounds. Unlocks Anteisei.
- Advanced: stamina drains the target 16 points for 4 with each blow, and can be maintained indefinitely. When active, basic physical strikes may be extended to Close Range.
- Master: user may half the stamina drain of a strike to allow stamina recovery to also be preformed. Grants a Resonance-based technique slot. Both Hakuda and Zanjutsu are now affected by this skill. Removes restrictions from Anteisei.
- Grandmaster: stamina drains the target 20 points for 5 with each blow. Grants a Resonance-based technique slot. When active, basic physical strikes may be extended to Intermediate Range.
Equal Stamina, Single Action, 2-round Cooldown
Nullifies an incoming spiritual attack. If the practitioner's rank in Resonance is below Master, they must pay an additional five stamina and their skill must equal or exceed that of the attack being nullified.
Mortal Custom #2
Museigen Heikiko [Unlimited Armory] [supplementary skill for H∞]
Kokuou’s ability holds an unimaginable amount of power that gives him nearly a unlimited number of possibilities for him to explore. with time and effort he had figured out how to utilize the extra power that his ability grants him to help improve all his techniques.
- Beginner: Gain access to Kenryokusen and bonus H∞-based technique slot.
- Basic: Your H∞-based powers/effects gain +5 Power and Precision.
- Intermediate: Gain two bonus H∞-based technique slots.
- Advanced: Your H∞-based powers/effects gain +15 Power and Precision for a total of +20.
- Master: Whenever a H∞ combat action is expended you regenerate 5 Stamina. Gain two bonus H∞-based technique slots.
- Grandmaster:Your H∞-based Damage Severity is increased by one rank. Gain two bonus H∞-based technique slots.
- Transcendent:The damage severity inflicted by your H∞ techniques is increased to two ranks.
>Name: Kenryokusen [Power Tap]
>Level(s) of release the tech is available at: all
>Relevant Skill(s) & Ranks: Museigen Heikiko
>Stat(s) Involved: Power Precision
>Flavor Description: after years of practice kokuou has learned a way to tap into his power and draw out a little extra power in times of need, boosting his spirit when involved with H∞ based techniques and effects.
>Standard Effect: Buffs the user's Power and Precision when used for H∞ and second release powers and techniques by 10/rank in this skill.
>Onmyodo Effect: none.
>Casting Time: one action
>Cooldown (if any): None.
>Stamina Cost: 2 stamina per rank per round.
Custom Skill Slot
Unique and incredible in scale, this skill represents Kokuou’s ability to force his mindscape on the world around him. This creates a pocket world that pulls in anyone within a certain range of the user when cast. All those caught in the World Projection will vanish from place and reappear at a location of Kokuou’s choosing, somewhat close to the original location, in a brilliant flash of light. Those not in the World Projection have few means of reaching it.
All realms require one combat action to initiate and create, emanating outwards from the user as a flash of light when created. They are created as if they were an attack at Power +10/rank for attack speed to determine the difficulty of escape. If an opponent cannot or does not escape both the user and the opponent are transported to the other realm. This is called 'creation'. Only two realms may be created at start, additional realms require technique slots and are limited as such though they benefit from skill caps, passive effects/limits of the skill, etc. All realms resist exit by requiring a skill check (Advantaged+ escapes) when attempting to portal out of them and such attempts cost 2x the normal Stamina. A realm which includes the user ends if the user exits and a realm which excludes them ends if the user enters.
Okoku no Akka suru [Realm of Deterioration]
- Beginner: Creating a realm reaches up to Close Range, realms may hold only one target. Realm abilities are capped at base stats and last for one round per rank.
Basic: Creating a realm reaches up to Intermediate Range, realms may hold up to two targets. Realm abilities are capped at base stats and last for one round per rank.
Intermediate: Creating a realm reaches up to Long Range, realms may hold up to three targets. Realm abilities are capped at base stats +5/rank and last for one round per rank.
Advanced: Creating a realm reaches up to Long Range, realms may hold up to five targets. Realm abilities are capped at base stats +5/rank and last for two rounds per rank.
Master: Creating a realm reaches up to Long Range, realms may hold up to five targets. Realm abilities are not specially capped and last for two rounds per rank. All realms now resist exit by applying an additional round of realm effect to a target when an escape is attempted (this effect is paid as if another round were triggered.)
Grandmaster: Creating a realm may be performed as a free action, once per thread, and doing so reaches up to Long Range; realms may hold up to five targets. Realm abilities are not specially capped and last for two rounds per rank. All realms now resist exit by applying an additional round of realm effect to a target when an escape is attempted (this effect is paid as if another round were triggered.) Realms may now be entered/exited by the user without ending the effect.
Cost; Beginner: 2 Stamina per round + 3 Stamina (Activation cost)
Cost; Intermediate: 1 Stamina/rank, per round + 5 Stamina (Activation cost)
Cost; Master: 2 Stamina/rank, per round + 5 Stamina (Activation cost)
Incantation: Oh ye spirits of the earth, how far thou hath fallen. The trees have since passed into ash, and that ash into dust. Thine mountains lay as desert, and your fields lay barren as an old wife. Scatter now dust and become what you once were. From nothing you came, now to nothing return.
Okoku no Akka suru [Realm of Deterioration]: In this realm the world is a barren wasteland, rock to the sand of Hueco Mundo. The land appears scorched and blasted as if some sort of explosion had wiped the surroundings clean down to the very earth as far as the eye can see. At several points within this realm what would seem like smoke would emit from the ground, although it would take a lot of careful study and time to realize that the smoke was a sign that the ground and all things around it were actually deteriorating into nothing. however the realm quickly begins to degrade those within who do not have the strength to resist, wounds that tear away at the very substance of the target making them more difficult to recover from.
Realm of Deterioration deals Power damage (improved to Power +5/rank at Intermediate, Power +10/rank at Master) each round to all targets within it and includes the user when created. The realm performs a passive check against any Defense altering effect, Advantaged+ negates the effect as long as they are within the realm. This check is ignored by the user. Damage caused by the realm cannot be healed without a skill check of Advantaged+ or paying 2x the Stamina. This realm can be forcibly exited by rendering unconscious or killing the user. Exiting the realm (via the Grand Master effect) costs 20 Stamina and requires a full round. Activation costs are reduce by 2 Stamina if only one person is a viable target when the realm is created.
Okoku no Kaifuku [Realm of Restoration]
Cost; Beginner: 2 Stamina per round + 3 Stamina (Activation cost)
Cost; Intermediate: 4 Stamina per round + 5 Stamina (Activation cost)
Cost; Master: 6 Stamina per round + 5 Stamina (Activation cost)
incantation: Behold now a hall where valhalla comes to weep. Let your bellies be filled with drink, and your bones eased with sustenance. Rest your troubled mind. Let it drift away with a light conscience, and a lighter heart. Sleep, strong warrior, and let your strength return for battles to come.
Okoku no Kaifuku [Realm of Restoration]: In this realm those who arrive find themselves in a magnificent location, a enormous house filled with amazing food, soft comfortable beds, hot springs as well as servants and entertainment to help make those visiting relax to their best ability. The time flow in this realm feels accelerated, although at no point would this ever jeopardize the wellbeing of those within. Even if one does not partake of the food and rest, the vary air itself feels cleaner and more wholesome, causing those within to rapidly heal their wounds or discover the strength of their healings aided.
Realm of Restoration heals targets within it by one Superficial wound per round (increased to two Superficial at Intermediate, three at Master) these wound levels stack with one another each round but must be applied per wound (ex. a target who suffers a Moderate leg injury and a Minor head injury can apply two Superficial to heal the leg and then put a Superficial towards recovering the leg during the first round at Advanced, the leg would then heal next round with three additional Superficials stacking to two Minors stacking to one Moderate.) Targets all gain 2 Stamina/round that may only be used to regenerate, heal, etc. This realm excludes the user when created; entering the realm (via the Grand Master effect) costs 10 Stamina, inflicts a full body Major wound, and requires a full round action. Activation costs are reduce by 2 Stamina if only one person is a viable target when the realm is created.