Bayard, Abel (WIP) May 16, 2018 16:40:52 GMT -5
Post by Abel Bayard on May 16, 2018 16:40:52 GMT -5
The Lonesome One
The Lonesome One
Age / Apparent Age: 20 / 20
Height & Weight: 5'5", 125 lbs.
Hair & Eye Color: Black, Green
- Calm: Abel is not often one to 'blow up' in any given situation. However, most people would consider that an understatement. Many people that have met the man will all share one common consensus: he seems to not care about anything. Of course this is untrue. He isn't apathetic or careless. He simply is a man that understands that there is very little need to constantly be losing your head.
- Patient: This often goes hand in hand with a person of a very calm nature. Over the years, Abel has gained a level of patience that many people would compare to a saint. While he does have his moments of impatience, more often than not, Abel is a man that can spend hours trying and failing to teach someone something without any genuine change in mood between the start and end. Many people merely assume that this is either a side effect of his calm nature, or why he is as calm as he is.
- Observant/Analytical: As a result of his upbringing, Abel has become a person who is always looking out for things. Be they things that could bring harm to him in the world itself, or things that could be misleading about people. In a nutshell, many people consider Abel's observant and analytical tendencies as being a sign of paranoia or other negative things.
- Compassionate: The few people that know Abel's past would expect this aspect of his personality to be stunted. However, Abel is very much a compassionate person, tending to do what he can to help others who he feels need it. He will do this even if he has to make himself their enemy. He will stand in the way of people who need help, and will often force them to confront a negative aspect of himself if he believes that he can help them overcome it. His view of compassion is not only the definition of the word, but also a desire to be the force in a persons life that changes them for the better.
- Cynical: Abel has seen the worst that humanity can come to. He saw it every day within his own family. As such, it is very hard to convince Abel of things. This is actually part of the psychological damage he has gained from seeing what he has seen as a child. As such, skepticism tends to lie in his belief in people's motivations, and often makes him seem rather pessimistic. It is not the case. Rather, it is just the demons from his past continuing to haunt him.
- Morbid: While this does not come up as often as his Cynicism does, Abel is very much on the more morbid side of things when it comes to voicing his own inner thoughts. It is another of the demons from his past that haunt him. While he tries his best to come off as being normal to those around him, his mind is plagued with dark thoughts that he refuses to listen to. However, on occasion, those thoughts will come to see the light of day.
- Stubborn: Like many people, Abel can very much be stuck in his ways. Unfortunately, this interacts with his Cynicism to a degree where it makes it very hard for him to actually trust people. To that end, he keeps things very close to the vest when it comes to the non-average parts of his life, and actively sticks to his guns in his belief that people's motivations are not always what they say that they are.
- Blunt: Perhaps the most blatant negative aspect of Abel's personality, he is unflinchingly 'honest' in his interpretation of things. While he is capable of holding his tongue, his true opinions are unflinching, using the most precise words he can find to describe things. Of course, this also manifests as him being extremely to-the-point with things.
- Abel Bayard is born - August 22nd, 2003
- His Father begins to relapse - Winter, 2010
- Abel becomes the target of his father's drunken abuse - Winter, 2010
- Abel's father dies - Summer, 2012
- Abel and his mother move back to her childhood home - Winter, 2012
- Abel's mother is attacked again by a hollow - Spring, 2012
- Abel develops minor spiritual powers, begins to see 'ghosts' - Summer, 2012
- Abel graduates from high school - 2020
- Abel encounters a hollow, awakens his Fullbring - 2022
Physical Description: At a glance, Abel looks much like any normal person would. His only defining features are his longer than average hair, and his glasses. Otherwise, he looks like a normal Japanese-American. Abel stands at five feet and five inches tall, making him rather short for his age, and leading people to sometimes accuse him of being a teenager. Admittedly, given his lack of any facial hair, and the unkempt nature of his wavy black hair, it is not completely unwarranted. As for his physical build, Abel is fairly slim, which makes him appear to be on the lanky side until he stands next to someone. Truthfully, he is rather physically fit, as most fullbringers are. As for attire, there is no consistent theme of what he wears. At least, not consciously. However, more often than not, he is seen wearing a dark hoodie, sweater, sweatshirt..whatever you want to call them.
This is usually worn over some light colored shirt that can have short or long sleeves, along with his typical attire being pants that are slightly baggy around the legs. the reasoning for this attire? There are things that people end up being ashamed of. For Abel, this takes on the form of a single, long scar that circles the majority of his left wrist, and appears rather jagged in terms of the way it healed. When he is not wearing some kind of coat, this is always covered by some kind of bangle. Most typically, this is a leather bangle made of several closely intertwined strips of leather. These tie into a small, silver ouroboros symbol that acts as the connecting point for the leather strips.
Personality: Abel is a man that has been shaped by the difficulties of his life. From a young age, he faced abuse at the hands of his father, who had relapsed into his addiction to alcohol. For two years, this occurred. In living within such a horrific environment, Abel had to face the worst things humanity could do for two long years. This haunts him, even in his adulthood. While most people would trust the motivations of others, Abel is always questioning them, refusing to believe in 'basic human decency', or even in the idea of a 'just god'. And yet, is is this very refusal that plagues his mind. He has spent many a night in the years since his father's death contemplating dark topics. He rarely voices these thoughts. However, he often finds himself attracted to more morbid symbols and stories. In essence, his abuse turned him into a more morbid person.
Like most people who have become cynics, Abel is very stubborn when approached about his disbelief in the good of humanity. However, Abel has always been a bull headed person. In his childhood, this lead him to getting into many 'fights' with other children over various arguments. Fortunately, he has become more levelheaded as an adult. But..the more things change, the more they stay the same. While he is very aware of the spiritual world, and even has aspects of his life that are less than normal. And yet, he is very consistent in stating that he is 'completely normal'. While this is truly not the case, he will stand by that point as long as he feasibly can. His reason for standing behind this is simple.
He does not know the full extent of the order of the world. He has seen and encountered hollows, and even other people with powers similar to his own. But what he sees when looking at the bigger picture is complete chaos. As such, he has decided to try and bring order to at least his small part of the world for as long as he can. However, now we are diving too far into the negatives of this young man. We shall mention one more negative trait, and then we shall pay proper attention to the positive traits that he displays. Perhaps the most easily recognized of Abel's negative traits, he has retained the innocent bluntness of childhood. While he is no idiot and can very easily hold his tongue, Abel very often finds himself on people's bad sides because of the way he sees and calls out their actions. Because of this blunt attitude in terms of speaking to and interacting with others, he has become a very to-the-point type of person. Now, we have elaborated enough on his negative side.
Like most people, Abel has good traits to balance out the negative ones. This first trait is often interpreted as the opposite, however. Anyone who has interacted with this young man often states that he seems to care about very little. While his voice does carry emotion, it always seems dampened by an unmistakable aura of calm. His expression is often neutral. Combining this with the natural low tone of his voice, and it is easy to see why people would think this. However, it is when a problem is encountered that the true nature of this trait is revealed. In a crisis scenario, Abel is always far more calm than anyone would have any right to be. In fact, it is very rare that Abel ever loses his head.
Unfortunately, while this is a positive trait, it is yet another scar from his past. During the first year of his abuse, Abel was taught by force that acting like a child would bring harm his way. As such, he learned to toe a ludicrously strict line of behavior while around his father. He was not allowed to allow his emotions to run wild, and was forced into a state of perpetual forced calm, always being as silent as possible. Due to this, he learned to develop quite a bit of patience. As such, these two traits have combined together and have formed Abel into a person that seems to never feel anger. Of course, this is untrue. Abel merely has a long fuse before he finally 'blows up' on someone.
Another thing that has developed in Abel in a positive way is his observant nature. Unfortunately, it is yet another thing that has developed from his past. As a child, he had to always be on watch to try and keep himself from facing abuse. Eventually, this became part of his personality. Even after the passing of his father, Abel kept looking out for anything that could possibly harm him. At its worst, Abel was a teenager that was essentially paranoid about everything. However, over the years it has leveled out, making him merely someone who can catch on to many subtle facts.
With all of this talk of things that have happened because of his past, many people would assume that the events Abel went through would be doomed to be repeated by him. However, due to the short length of his abuse, this is not the case. Having spent only two years under the thumb of physical abuse, Abel has had years and years to recover. Years that he spent under the protection of a loving mother. Over this course of time, Abel became more compassionate. Like anyone with compassion and empathy, he attempts to do his best to help others when they need it. However, he does tend to take a sort of..eccentric path to it. He is willing to take a normal path to help others..and yet he is also willing to be the person standing in someone's path if he believes that he is capable of forcing them to face a negative aspect of themselves, and make themselves better. And with as long of a fuse and as patient of a person he is? That tends to lead to a very stubborn act of defiance to try and change other people for the better.
Goals & Achievements:
Fullbring, Dark Thoughts: Every Fullbring is tied to an emotion. For Abel, this is no different. His fullbring is tied to his more negative emotions, specifically his feelings of distrust in others. The power that his fullbring has given him is to control and shape darkness to his will. Currently, he is only capable of doing this with his left hand, as the item that is tied to it is the scar covering his left wrist. When activated, the scar on Abel's wrist seems to explode in inky blackness. This black, ink like darkness seeps up his left arm, covering it completely. Around his elbow and finger joints however, this darkness seems to be a bit lighter in color. While his arm is covered in this darkness, it is still fully mobile. While active, Abel is capable of manipulating the darkness surrounding his arm and any nearby darkness in various ways. The way that darkness can be manipulated is as varied as his imagination is. However, it should be noted that this Fullbring is far weaker during the day. While there are indeed shadows during the day, the amount of light present creates an imbalance that makes it harder to manipulate Dark Thoughts.
Weapon of Choice: N/A
Rise to Power:
Call to Action: