Post by Alexander V. Terada on May 25, 2015 12:56:19 GMT -5
Name: Alexander Vülfne
Current GP: 1500 Base + 800 Application + 2011 Claimed = 4311 Total
Desired GP: +800 Or as much as I can get, never done one of these before, so I don't know.
Last Request: A night of sexual passion with the person(s) of my choice... Not what you meant? No previous request. This is my first.
Application Thread: Vülfne, Alexander
Meta Thread: Super Xander, The Man of Iron, faster than a speeding arrow.
Extra Curriculum [Finished]
- A short little thread that shows where Alexander is 'at present'. Hints at his interest in joining First division and gives a quick little explanation as to who Haru is. He is still at this point presented as meek, somewhat uncertain of himself character.
Shinigami School Trip [Discontinued]
- Whilst for the most part the thread isn't much for plot progression, however Alexander abduction and disappearance, for a time, provides motivation for the character of Haru to later make more advanced steps in the pursuit of Alexander. This in turn allows Haru to make a more pronounced appearance and have greater influence on the development of Alexander's character. During his capture he's acting somewhat more confident than usual, but in reality he is still somewhat strained, thinking on his feet trying to talk his way out of his situation.
Regretful Flee [Finished]
- The last time Alexander sees Haru alive. A failed love confession cut short by Alexander's hasty retreat. That night he almost kissed her. That night he realized his own feeling for her. Confused and afraid in the face of new, unexpected emotions he finds himself with, in the face of the confession she is making, having figured out what's going on, what's about to happen, he flees before she has the chance to say it.
Stampede Upon the Eastern Gate [Finished]
- Though it does not feature Haru, who is somewhere within the Seireitei when this all occurs, this thread provides an explanation as to Alexander's location during the 'Revolution', and establishes that this wider world event is incorporated in Alexander's story line. We get to see in this thread Alexander's family and how comfortably he sits with them, that warm loving environment which he is torn away from. Though we do not get as far as it in the thread, Alexander ends up next to a much wounded Ayumi, trying to stop her bleeding and desperately calling out for a medic. This is established in other threads that follow chronologically from this one. While she, though not other people important to Alexander, survives, this moment of helpless is just one of the scenes contributing to Alexander's traumatized state that is a part of his first overlaying arc.
It's Okay, Part One [Finished]
- Alexander in the aftermath of the 'Revolution'. Haru is dead. The 'mother' of Alexander's family is badly wounded and while the rest of his family are at home looking after her, Alexander is stuck in the Seireitei Hospital in recovery. Nightmares and trauma haunt his day and night. Overcoming physical pain during battle, he now has to reconcile with a greater pain afterwards, grieving lost loved ones, whilst sorrowful at having been powerless to help those close to him.
It's Okay, Part Two [Finished]
- With doubts as whether or not to even consider pursuing a career in the Seireitei, Alexander returns to family after a stay in the hospital. While at home in the Rukongai, his family start to help him through the healing process that'll allow him to come to terms with his losses. Before Alexander had placed himself, a potential source of danger, away from his family. As someone with heightened spiritual energy, there was always the chance of his power luring in Hollows. The whole reason for him to be in the Seireitei is in question with a member of his family hurt anyway. However, whilst at home, the people who cares about him convince him not to throw away his entire career and last six years of his life. In time, he returns to the Seireitei, his whole reason for being there renewed and changed. Now the Seireitei is a place where he is making a new life for himself. He has left home now to 'become his own man'. The thread concludes with Alexander attending the funeral of the one he'd lost, indicating the beginning for all this to pass.
Do Try and Pay Attention [Discontinued]
- The first thread, chronologically, in which we get to see Alexander in his 'new' position within the First Division. Though this thread is incomplete, there's enough there to illustrate Alexander's psychological state. He meets Mirabelle, the first person he'd come to know in the Divisions. She begins to brush up his kido skills and to some extent she begins to probe into the issues that seem to be troubling her young student's mind. In this thread we get to see more the results of Alexander's depression and stress, though also the difficulty he has focusing on the here and now, thoughts still dwelling on the past.
Lost and Found [Finished]
- A mission in the Outer Rukongai area has Alexander fighting against a terrible opponent. Nearly dying from his wounds, Alexander has a vision and epiphany in regards to his currently held grief. It is the beginning for Alexander in his journey to unlock his Shikai, hearing if only briefly a new previously unknown voice in his head.
Journey Through the Dark [Incomplete]
- Set after reforms to the First Division, a divisionless Alexander travels to the Third Division for a routine check up. There he meets Robert Mühle who, after some very drastic action, forces Alexander to awaken his Zanpakutou. The exposure to a life and death struggle brings Alexander into communion with his Zanpakutou Spirit who also provides commentary and enlightenment in regards to Alexander's pyschological state. Robert also prods/provokes Alexander, forcing further character developments.
Walk Through the Fire [Finished]
- Some time after Alexander's encounter with Robert, the young Shinigami encounters a powerful Hollow in the Human World. Though there isn't much here in terms of character development, it serves as an example to highlight how Alexander has changed since his first days in the Seireitei and how he's been forged, stronger than before.
Well this is my first Milestone Request, hopefully I've got it right. The suggestion I've heard is to make a request per 'chapter', as it were, for your character, and the events of the 'Revolution' coupled with the finale of Alexander awakening his Zanpakutou seems to be well suited for this.
The character of Haru was one I originally made up on the spot for the Application's RP sample. However, having taken a liking to the idea of the character, I decided to make her more of a thing and have the Academy Days part of my character's story line revolve around her. I also thought my character's first arc should conclude with the awakening of his Zanpakutou, because that should give my character some distinction in terms of power, putting him in a good place to become more involved in the Seireitei and the plots of others.
The character of Alexander has being forced forward from a simple, mild mannered Academy Student, to war torn battle veteran and someone with world experience. Having never suffered any real loss in his lifetime, Alexander has now gone through what is, for most people, the toughest time of his life so far. In the Revolution thread he experiences his first taste of real battle. More than that though, he has had to face a situation in which death is almost certain and overcoming the terror of almost certain death, has had to fight on.
From the starting point of Alexander's application, there has been created an entirely new character in his backstory, who has been introduced, developed, and formed a real loving attachment with Alexander, before dying. Alexander has stepped out of the cosy, simple life of the Academy. First abducted by strange persons during a trip to the human world, which should have none the less have been a sheltered experience, overlooked by Instructors, he is forced to think on his feet, carefully analyzing his situation to get out alive. Second he has to approach the new possibility of love and real relations in the Seireitei, a place still foreign to him compared to his home in the Rukongai. Can he find his place, settle and make a new home for himself in the white citadel? Thirdly, exposure to the bloody side of Shinigami life. His first battle, in which he has to accept his role as a combatant. Taking all that he'd been taught in the safety of the school environment, and using them to survive as he is forced to make the harsh transferal from protected civilian, to warring soldier. Finally, his recovery, overcoming the trauma of what he's been through and eventually, with some help along the way, making a definitive breakthrough, leading to his evolution to a greater stage.
Some of his naivety is gone along with his inexperience. Where as before he had a stubborn refusal to loose the ones close to him, for love of them, now he has the fear, having lost someone, knowing what it is like and despairing at the possibility of going through that again. He has begun his journey and tasted the bitterness of war. He has used his Zanpakutou now, and they have now had, for the first time, blood stained upon them. What is more, they have now been, in later conflict, awoken. He has spent time learning skills in the First Division before moving to a comfortable place in the Third. Alexander has now established himself, not as a Rukongai Resident, not an Academy Student, but a Shinigami, proud and standing.